Monday, June 23, 2008

Elijah Fordham




Hey everybody. Here's an update from me and my life since high school.
After we graduated, I went to Dixie College for a year. I started finishing concrete while I was down there. I was just planning on moving on with life when it hit me that I really needed to serve a mission. So it went and I was called to the Ohio Cincinnati Mission. I went out in 1999 and came home in 2001. My life was really changed while I was out there. I found out there was a difference between being active in the church and being active in the gospel.

Actually, going on a mission paid off in a number of ways. One is that I ended up marrying one of my companions' cousins. Colleen and I got married in April of 2002 in the Bountiful Temple. We've lived in the Ogden, UT area ever since. We built a home in Farr West in 2004 and had a little boy, Corbin, in November 2005. I am a general contractor specializing in concrete and Colleen recently quit her job as a medical assistant. After my mission, I was diagnosed with epilepsy, so it took a long time before we could buy our own insurance. I consider, the ability to buy insurance, one of our great blessings so that Colleen can be home with Corbin. My life's pretty plain, but I've never been happier.

I hope more people tell us what's up. It's cool to hear from everyone. I probably won't make it to the reunion, so I hope everyone's doing well. If anyone wants to contact me personally, my e-mail is Lundell_Construction@q.com

1 comment:

Tacey said...

Eli, sounds like you are doing well. That's too bad that you wont be to the reunion, it would have been nice to see you. good luck with everything and maybe we will see you around some time.