Friday, June 20, 2008

Eric Hofer

A brief overview since H.S. In 1999 I went on a mission to Santiago Chile, I got home in 2000 ( I did complete the two years, I just started in January and ended in December. Thanks for not judging) and then left to go to ASU in Phoenix. I was there for a year, came back to Utah for a few months and then left to Virginia for the summer. I met a girl and rushed into marriage. I finished school at VCU and got my bachelors in Finance. Most of my time there was spent buying and selling houses and pretending like I had money--which I didn't. To any of you reading this that have been personally affected by the mortgage crisis, I apologize. I fully admit that I was part of that bubble.
Not much personal or professional progress was made during the first few years of living in Richmond. However, I have changed quite a bit since I was caught kicking the freshman lockers with my steel-toe Dr. Martens. A little over a year and a half ago I decided to get out of an unhealthy marriage and get a divorce. Surely after putting up with my ex-wife for four years I am still deserving of the "Citizenship Award" which was so graciously bestowed upon me by Jesse Pace our senior year. Thanks J.P.!
I met a girl around the same time, or maybe even a little before my decision to get divorced, *wink*, and after wrapping things up in Richmond and wifey, I moved to New York City to be with said girl. She and I toyed with a lot of ideas of where to go, and to our surprise Utah came up as a place of opportunity. We both landed jobs here and I had the band to work on so in August of 2007 we made the trip and are now living in Sugarhouse. Oh, I mentioned my band. It's a lifelong dream of mine to be in a band so what better time to start one than when you're 27? It's called Steady Machete and it's comprised of myself as singer and guitar player, my little brother Tommy as bassist and keyboards, and our friend Te Lawrence on drums. You can hear our music and such at our myspace: www.myspace/steadymachete, and you can read an article about us from the magazine "IN Utah This Week" at http://www.inthisweek.com/articles.php?id=593#article. That's all for now. Cheers.

3 comments:

Tacey said...

Hey Eric!! That is way awesome that you are getting started with your band. You guys are pretty good. I might have to come see you at Liquid Joes july 23rd. It would be great to see you!!

Ruthann said...

Hey Eric,
I listened to your band on MySpace! You guys are AMAZING!!! Hope it all works out for you.

Tacey said...

Sorry don't know what I am thinking about July 23rd- I really meant the 9th. We are planning on trying to come.