Friday, June 27, 2008

Teresa (Torgerson) Brande





Hello everyone! Its amazing the changes that a decade can bring and how fast it goes by. After graduation I went to Snow College and then to SUU in Cedar City. I graduated from SUU with a degree in Finance in May of 2001 and moved to the Salt Lake Area to begin work. I started working as a loan officer for Mountain America Credit Union and eventually became a mortgage loan underwriter. After moving to SLC, I reconnected with a friend, Jared Brande, who I had met 3 years earlier at Snow College and we got married in March of 2002 in Manti.

After we got married we lived in West Jordan for 2 years. Then in August of 2004 we moved to Eugene, Oregon where my husband went to the University of Oregon for grad school. While he was in school I worked for US Bank as a commercial lender and then stopped working when we had our first daughter, Alyssa, in August of 2005. We loved living in Oregon, it is a beautiful place but it did take some time to get used to all the rain. We spent most of our free time at the coast which was about 50 miles from where we lived and we also spent some time in Portland. We met some great friends along the way and had a great experience there. After three years in Oregon, we moved back to Utah and my husband got a job in St. George. A month after moving to St. George I had our second daughter, Hallie who was born in October. We have lived here for almost a year now and love the fact that we traded in constant rain for constant sun.

I have moved over 15 times since graduation to various places and cities but in each city I have lived I have met someone who has ties to and loves Wayne County. Whether it be through relatives, friends, or Fishlake and Capitol Reef. I realize what a great place we got to grow up in and still get a good laugh when I remember some of the things that happened at Wayne High.

My email address is: teresabrande_6@hotmail.com. Add me to your address book and drop me a line. I have loved reading the updates from everyone on the blog and hope everyone submits what they have been up to for the last 10 years!

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Hey,
I am glad that you wrote in! How is life in St. George? I can't belive how cute your little girls are! I'll email more...
Tanya