Friday, June 13, 2008

Ruthann



Hello everyone! I cannot believe that it has been ten years.  I wish I could see you all at the reunion, but I live in Alaska and it is pretty expensive to fly home.  I usually only come home once a year around the holidays.  I hope it all goes well for you.  So since high school I attended Utah State University in Logan for 4 years and got my Bachelor's degree in Wildlife Management in May of 2002.  I met my husband, Jared, while going to school.  He was attending USU also and his family lives in Logan.  We were married June 8, 2000.  We had a son, Gavin, in March of 2002 and then I graduated from college 2 months later.  That was a very difficult semester having a baby and getting all of my projects and finals done, but I didi it!  When he was born I decided to be a stay at home mom.  I never thought that is what I would want to do, but I love it!  Jared had joined the Utah Air National Guard around the time that we got engaged in Nov. 1999.  In January 2003 he decided that he wanted to transfer to active duty Air Force and we moved to our first active duty base in May of 2003 to Tucson, Arizona.  We lived there for 3 years and we really enjoyed Arizona.  Then we got orders to move to Fairbanks, Alaska and we have lived here on Eielson Air Force Base since March 2006.  When we first arrived here we weren't too sure if we would like it because it does get very cold (down to -50) and the winters are live 8 months long.  But we have grown to like it here.  We had a baby girl, Rayna, in Sept. 2006.  Jared also finished his Bachelor's degree that same month.  Jared has been deployed twice.  IN 2004 he went to Qatar ( by Saudi Arabia) for 5 months and then this last year he went to Iraq for 7 months.  He got home in March.  That was a very long, hard winter while he was gone but now it so great that he is home!  We really love Alaska and we have seen so many cool things like grizzly bears, moose right outside our living room, lots of caribou, etc.  We are thinking about settling down in Anchorage and buying a house sometime this coming year.  Other than that I have just been busy with being a Mom and all that fun stuff.

No comments: